There are four main steps to ensure university buildings are prepared for entry. If you have any questions or would like to make a facilities request, please contact Facilities Management at 412-624-9500.
Ensure Building Readiness: All buildings must be ready for personnel use, including HVAC system review, deep cleaning and sanitizing, space de-densification, building and elevator capacity restrictions and signage.
- Designate RC Administrators and Departmental Approvers. In the summer of 2020, each RC head was asked to identify their primary RC administrator and authorized departmental approvers for building access. The departmental approvers receive and approve/deny access requests for individuals within their areas of responsibility through the ATO platform. If you would like to appoint additional departmental approvers, please complete the Access Approver Survey. If you would like to remove or change a departmental approver, please submit a PittIT help ticket at email@example.com with that request. As a reminder, Departmental Approvers must be assigned for all departments, and the same approver may be assigned to multiple departments. We recommend that proxy or backup approvers also be assigned. Please allow up to 48 hours for your assignments to be processed within the ATO platform.
- Manage Access Requests: Faculty and staff members will continue to submit their access requests for repeated building entry/exit at https://buildingapproval.pitt.edu/. Access requests will be routed to the designated departmental approver who will approve/deny the request. The department’s RS2 Security administrator will then make programming changes required to activate Pitt ID cards for approved personnel.
Note on One-time Access: ATO is not currently designed to authorize one-time building access. With RC Head approval documented in advance of arrival, individuals needing to access buildings to pick up belongings or complete specific short-term work may enter buildings, assuming they have completed the following requirements:
- Obtain the documented approval of your RC head for one-time access
- Complete the University’s Training for Employees on COVID-19 Response Faculty and Staff Training
- Complete the daily health self-check for faculty and staff, found in the My.Pitt portal, prior to arriving on campus each day
- Tap or swipe a valid Pitt ID at the building concierge station
- Wear an appropriate face covering at all times while on campus
- Submit to a temperature check at the concierge station and register a normal reading
- Monitor Secured Building/Space Access: The assigned RC administrator or designated departmental approver will be responsible for monitoring their RC/Department’s secured building access through the ATO platform to ensure personnel compliance. Authorized Public Safety and Facilities Management personnel also have ATO platform access to oversee building activity.
As an added compliance measure, RC Directors of Administration will receive daily reports to monitor compliance, including the following information:
- Staff who did not complete the daily self-check and entered a building
- Staff who completed the self-check and indicated disqualification from access
- Staff who entered a building without ATO authorization